Raw Green Cacao Energy Balls
These little beauties are perfect for a pick me up 3pm snack or an evening treat.
They contain a green calcium powder and are packed full antioxidants, magnesium, zinc & omega-3’s, leaving you feeling satisfied and providing you with a burst of energy without the crashing that would usually follow a sweet treat. They are only sweetened with 100% plant extract, stevia and fructose-free rice malt syrup.
About 16 balls.
1 tbsp Green Nutritionals Green Calcium powder (or any super greens powder, green calcium gets the thumbs up in pregnancy!)
6 tbsp ABC nut spread ( Almond, Brazil, Cashew)
6 tbsp raw cacao
2 tbsps coconut oil
2 tbsp flaxseed meal (LSA, almond meal & chia also work.)
20 drops organic stevia liquid
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
Sprinkle sea salt
8 tbsp boiling water (or as needed for consistency.)
Desiccated coconut ( for rolling and coating.)
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix together and slowly add water until you reach desired consistency. Ingredients should stick together but not be too wet so you can roll into balls.
3. Shape into little balls. Roll and coat in desiccated coconut.
4. Place on baking paper in a container and freeze for 15 minutes.
5. Enjoy one or two for a sweet treat!
Love + light,