Quick & Easy Paleo Bread
It may not look, feel or taste like the bread you’ll find on the shelves of your supermarkets. But what I can tell you is that this bread uses REAL FOOD and tastes amazing!! It’s jam packed with health fats, protein and full of fibre to satisfy you longer. (Although we have been known to go through just one loaf in a matter of a couple of days between the 3 of us!) – Thanks to my super man.
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
4 tbsp psyllium husk or flaxseed meal
2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
8 free-range organic eggs
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 120 degrees celcius for a fan-forced oven and grease a loaf tin, line the base and sides with baking paper.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the beaten eggs, apple cider vinegar and olive oil, stir well until combined.
3. Spoon out mixture into your loaf tin evenly and place in the oven for just over an hour, keep a close eye- you can poke a skewer or knife into the top to make sure the batter is cooked, it should be a nice golden brown colour on top.
4. Once cooked, pull loaf out of your tin by lifting up baking paper from the corners and carefully place on a wired rack to cool.
5. Slice and serve or store for later!
So great for toddlers and young kids as a sandwich alternative!
Much better than those gluten-free loaves you can get from the supermarkets loaded with high GI refined carbohydrates and all sorts of additives..
I’ve done wheat-free vegemite, peanut butter, tahini, jam, healthy nutella, salmon & goats cheese, dipped in olive oil and all sorts of sandwiches with this!
It’s also great on it’s own for a pick-me-up snack anytime and makes a great pull-apart-burger!
Would love to hear how you do your gluten free bread/sandwiches at your house!