Who DOESN’T like anything choc-mint ??Boy I get excited when I see that vibrant green layer mixed with delicious raw chocolate.. and guess what?! There’s nothing artificial or FAKE about that green glowing colour, guess which whole food I use for that one?
P.s Sorry for the dodgy iPhone picture of what was a really scrumptious slice!.. It was the only photo I managed to snap before the family ate it all up… IN 3 DAYS!
2 cups desiccated coconut
2 cups macadamia nuts
20 drops doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil (Click here to get yours now!)
1/4 cups rice malt syrup
Handful of spinach leaves Chocolate layer: 1 cup extra-vigirn unrefined coconut oil 1/3 cup cacao powder 4 tbsp rice malt syrup
- In a food processor, combine the coconut and macadamia nuts, scraping the sides every few seconds. You are looking to make a smooth paste. Don’t over process or it may separate.
- Add the rice malt syrup, peppermint oil and spinach, blend until the spinach has been fully pureed.
- Spread over a small lined slice tray and freeze until firm to touch (approx. 30 minutes).
- Make your raw chocolate once the mint layer is set by combining all of the ingredients over a very low heat, whisking together well.
- Pour immediately over the mint layer and return to the freezer to set (approx. 10 minutes).
- Cut and store in the fridge or freezer.